Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We're baaaaack!!!

Wow, it has been a really long time since my last post. I know all of my fans have been anxiously awaiting my reports about our exciting lives in Hagerstown, MD so here's a rundown of the most interesting details of the last month or so...

1-I celebrated my 28th birthday on January 18th. Jason kept trying to make me feel old, saying I was now in my "late twenties," but to no avail, I still feel really young. I think part of that stems from feeling really good and having friends who are all in their 30's. Plus, no matter how old I get, I will always be younger than my "almost 30-year-old" hubby!!

2-Two days after my birthday we headed to Colorado for a two-week visit with my family. Abby got sick within a day of arriving with her very first ear infection and bronchitis, so needless to say, the first week was rather miserable with a very sick and clingy toddler. But the second week she was feeling a lot better and we had a good visit.

3-I had my 24-week doctor's appointment right after we got back and have officially gained some weight now. I am up about 4 pounds which I won't complain about since I am now about 6 months pregnant. I definitely look more pregnant too, but thanks to the "tummy sleeve", I can still wear most of my pre-pregnancy pants. Our baby is doing well and enjoys playing trampoline on my bladder at night. And I think we will have another full head of hair on this baby too if my heartburn is any indication.

4-Shortly after arriving home from Colorado, Jason's parents came for a visit. Jason's dad had a work meeting nearby so his mom decided to come along and pay us a visit. It was fun to show them around our home and area. We also got to visit Gettysburg and spend some time with two of Jason's uncles who live in Virginia which was fun. The weather wasn't the greatest, but about as good as you can expect for winter. Abby had a lot of fun playing with Grandpa and asked about them for several days after they left on Saturday.

And that pretty much takes us to today, where we are snowed in (actually iced in would be a more accurate term.) I don't mind driving in snow, but ice is a whole other story. We got all ready to go to the gym, and then I discovered (after slipping on the ice several times on my way out to the car) that I couldn't open the doors as they were all frozen shut. I figured I could spend 30 minutes trying to de-ice the car, or I could just bag it and do my exercises in the basement. I'm sure you can guess which option won out. Abby especially enjoyed helping me with my bench-press exercises, otherwise known as "Abby presses." Since she now weighs about 25-pounds, it was a good workout for my arms too.

Interesting sidenote: Abby really enjoyed voting last night. We took her to our polling place where everyone went ga-ga over her and she even got to help daddy press the buttons to cast his ballot in Maryland's primary. She even got some stickers that said "I voted" and she went around the rest of the night saying "I vote." Gotta start 'em early, right?

We're glad to be back, and hopefully you'll be hearing from me more regularly now. We have a busy week ahead with Valentine's Day and then Abby's birthday (I cannot believe she is almost two!!!) so hopefully we will have a lot of pictures to share. Until then, here's a slideshow of some of my favorite pictures from our Colorado trip...

8 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Is it funny, that I seriously thought about calling you to see if everything was alright? I mean a month and half without blogging must mean that something serious has happened. Then of course I remember that not everybody is as obsessed with blogging as I am! I'm so glad you got to see so much family this last month. I love seeing pictures of your parents. They really are the cutest people! And whoa there, take it easy with the pound gainage...4 lbs?! I seriously gained that in a week at the beginning with Reese. Anyway, I'm so glad you're back and expect to hear much much more from you.

Stephanie said...

I'm glad to see you back as well. I was also wondering if everything was alright! Glad to hear you were just in Colorado having fun. Those pictures are adorable of Abby. And, I forgot just how much you look like your mom. Very cute. Crazy you still have only gained four pounds- so does that mean you are still 6 pounds below your pre-marathon training weight or does that not take into account the 10 pounds you lost before the marathon? Just trying to make myself feel better :) Glad to have you back!

Amy said...

Happy belated birthday! Abby is so cute. It's always fun to see what's going on with you. Holy cow. Only four pounds? You are awesome.

Steph Thomas said...

Well...it is about time you posted something. I have been wondering where you guys were. I am glad everything is going well. I probably look more pregnant then you and I am 4 months behind you. I guess training for a marathon helps with the weight issue. I am glad to hear you are at least starting to show now though. I am glad you guys are back and I will be able to read about more updates on your little family.

Marisa said...

Okay...so I totally had the same thought process as Rach. I was starting to worry that everything was okay! I'm so glad you're back!!! We've missed you in the blogging world. I also think that 4 pounds is some CRAZY, CRAZY weight gain. Whoa! Man--I gain 4 pounds within any given week (seriously....the weight fluctuates by 4 pounds, I swear, if i weigh in the morning and then the night). I guess that's what happens when you run a marathon while you're pregnant and are still doing 25 lb presses 6 months prego. I can barely get off the couch when I'm pregnant because I'm so tired. You're awesome, Dadra!!

Marissa Marie said...

Yay! A new post from Dadra! I gained over four pounds in the last six months. Wish I could say I was preggo!!! Ha! Well, since I'm not married, I guess it's better that I'm not preggo...

losing my needles said...

What a busy month. Welcome home, you know to Maryland with all of the ice. Now you know why school gets cancelled at the drop of a hat out here. Congrats on the controlled weight gain- is that ok to say to someone who is supposed to be gaining weight?

Jami said...

Hey I was wondering what happened to you. It good to here from you again. Happy birthday to Abby! Waht a cutie.