Wednesday, July 2, 2008

National Zoo

We've been keeping ourselves pretty busy this summer. After my first week alone with two kids, I decided I had to keep busy or I would go crazy! I'm just not the type of person to stay at home all the time so needless to say, I've become rather proficient at handling both kids outside the house. We've gone to several parks, the library a few times, to the free summer movies at the mall and I even went grocery shopping by myself with both kids last week. Before having Landon, I thought I would have never attempted these things alone, but it has actually been easier than I imagined it would be. It helps that Landon absolutely loves both his sling and Baby Bjorn, so once I pop him in either of those, he's out for at least an hour or so which leaves me both of my hands free to play with Abby.



Last weekend we traveled as a family down to Washington D.C. to the National Zoo. It was pretty hot, but we all had a good time, especially Abby. She has been to a couple of zoos before, but this time she was really into it and knew all of the animals and what sounds they make. It was so fun to watch her get excited about seeing all of the different exhibits. Here are some pictures from our time at the zoo...




Abby has been so good with Landon. She is a big helper for me and she loves to give him hugs and kisses. I am so happy that she has adjusted so well (at least this far.)

And to celebrate Landon's milestone of being 4 weeks old today (wow, time is flying!), I have included a couple of picture of our little man before church last week. Although he's less than a month old, he already has that "GQ" style!!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

What a cute little family you are!

Stephanie said...

So cute! I agree with you, two is actually easy as long as you get out of the house so nobody goes crazy! And, I have that exact same nursing cover; how funny! It looks like you are all enjoying yourselves and Jason looks like a really proud daddy.

losing my needles said...

I see the Orangs were out on the "O Line" while you were there. The last time we went down they were climbing all around, and they pooed right over the walkway. Just thought I'd share.
Landon is pretty cute. We need to plan a time to get together one of these days.

Melissa said...

How cute! I love little boy Sunday clothes...they make them look like a little man.

Jami said...

What a handsome little man. He looks more like a 3 month old to me. He's just so big already. Little boys are the best. Your birth story was so neat. It made me cry. I'm happy for you guys. Keep posting pictures.

Heidi said...

Less than a month and already braving it out so often. You amaze me Dadra.

Jennifer said...

Make me jealous I love DC. How fun. Abby is growing up! I like Landon's GQ style. Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.

Alona said...

Abby's hair is getting so long! Landon is ridiculously cute! I'm so glad you're able to get out so much!