Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home for the Holidays -- Part 1

I'm taking an idea from a friend and doing our Christmas celebration in two different posts. We took a ton of photos and I haven't even begun sorting through most of them from Christmas day yet, so those will have to come a different day. (I got a new camera for Christmas, a Canon EOS Rebel XSi which I absolutely love, hence the hundreds of pictures that I have taken since I opened it.) Here are a few pics from our Christmas Eve celebration though...

Landon, waving his arms in utter excitement for the night's activities...
We started the evening with pizza from Papa Johns (yummy) and then we drove around looking at Christmas lights for a while before coming back home to open our first Christmas gift of the season, some new pajamas...
Our Monkey Children in their matching Christmas Eve attire...After pajamas and pictures, we read the Christmas story together from Luke 2 and watched a Christmas movie before sending the kids to bed. Then Jason and I went to work setting up the house for "Santa's Visit." (I have to admit that one of my favorite things about being a parent is getting to be Santa!!)
These were the only two pictures I took on Christmas morning with my old camera. Jason had me open the first gift of the morning (the new camera) because he knew I would want to use it to capture the days activities.
Two happy kiddos excited with their presents from Santa...
Landon loving his stocking stuffers...
Christmas Part 2 will hopefully arrive shortly. I know you are all gripped with anticipation for our next post, so to help you wait it out a bit, here's a video of our little princess doing her best Sleeping Beauty impression...

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I love it. That's so cute. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite disney movie and princess. So tell Abby next time we see her I want a show!

Rachel B. said...

Oh what a cute little sleeping Beauty! That's pretty impressive that she has that song down so well. That's nice that you guys stayed put this year. Travelling can be exhausting. And I am actually excited for your next post!

Jennifer said...

Abby is a great singer and dancer! I love how the minute she is done she wants to watch herself. I'm not sure Landon could get any cuter. I love his smile!!! Can't wait for part two.

Stephanie said...

Abby is so cute. And, what a great present! We opted to get a DSLR and hi-definition video camera for our Christmas presents because they are such great quality and so much fun to take pictures of the kids with! Although we're running out of storage space fast. I'm also looking forward to part two and glad your Christmas was so great. Landon looks so big and I love their matching pajamas.

Amy said...

Abbey is AWESOME. She makes a beautiful princess. I love the matching pajamas. We got Katelyn the same ones--they're so cuddly. So just out of curiosity--it looks like Santa doesn't wrap his gifts at your house, is that right? We're still deciding on how Christmas is going to be around our house...

newsinaminute said...

so fun sharing in your blog
we love you guys and loved your cute Christmas card thanks so much for thinking of us--we are in the final preparations for Hayley to leave for a mission to Portugal
mtc in provo first for 9 weeks
she takes of Jan 7th this wed
so after that I have hopes of sending you a snail mail card too
in the meantime--know you are loved aunt Lynda uncle Bryan
ps our blog is bryanlynda.blogspot.com
or click on our link off of your sister alicia if you want to look in on us now and again--(: keeps family ties --closer I think

Matt & Andrea said...

How are you enjoying your camera?! I got the same one for Christmas, but I can hardly get Matt to put it down long enough for me to take pictures! And I'm jealous about the pajamas. Why don't they make those for adults?