Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Our Little Preschooler

A group of us decided to do a preschool co-op this year for all of our children who will be starting school in the next little while. They meet once a week (Thursday) for two hours and we rotate among the five different houses for hosting responsibilities. Abby was so excited about finally going to "school" like all of her friends (she's one of the only ones in her group of friends from both church and in the neighborhood who didn't start kindergarten this year.) She woke up extra early on her first day and requested some "Sleeping Beauty" curls for her hair.
Ready for her big day, backpack and all...

Striking her model pose...

I swear this little girl seems to get more and more beautiful by the day (and is growing up way too fast for my liking!)

This day was all about excitement for Abby and she loved her first day. Landon on the other hand was not a fan of having his sister leave him. He was hysterically crying in the car after dropping her off and it took him about 30 minutes to calm down.

I actually think this little preschool will work well to prepare us all for when Abby starts kindergarten next year. I think Abby will have the easiest transition of all of us because she adapts so well to new situations, makes friends pretty easily and is so excited about riding the bus and going to school with all of her friends. I still have a hard time thinking about missing my little girl for that much time during the day (full day kindergarten around these parts) and Landon, well he will definitely have a rude awakening when missing her for a couple of hours each week turns into all day every day. We'll just enjoy her while we can now though!!

8 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Oh my goodness she looks so cute! I love her "sleeping beauty curls". That's how we describe hair-dos around here too. "Do you want Cinderella or Pocahontus(sp?) hair?" That's so hard when all of their friends around them are going to real school. Reese is always asking why her friends can't come over to play. I bet you will love the co-op...especially with 5. That's a great rotation.

Becky said...

You're right--she is absolutely beautiful. And you have quite a talent for doing sleeping beauty curls too.

Marissa Marie said...

Well, Rachel and Becky beat me to it, but I love her hair too! I wouldn't have thought to call it Sleeping Beauty curls...but she definitely looks like a princess!

Julie said...

What a beauty! I'm so proud of Abby and how she wants to learn. I know she will love going to school every Thursday morning and I will be thinking about her. Love you all!

Steph Thomas said...

She is SO pretty. She looks so grown up too. Poor little guy. How sad for him. Good luck to you all:)

newsinaminute said...

very fun= I loved those years when the kids were in pre-school. and they are always saying the funniest things and learning at such a rapid pace... You are a great mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susannah said...

I can't believe she is old enough for preschool and almost kindergarten. Good luck to you and Landon!

Amy said...

She really is absolutely beautiful!!
How fun that she gets to do preschool.