Thursday, March 24, 2011

Home Transformations #1

While we were in Texas, we hired some painters to paint our home. Jason and I are not scared of paint and we actually quite enjoy doing it ourselves, but the two-story foyer and living room were giving me the heebie-jeebies so we decided to pay someone to do it for us. And let me tell you, we couldn't be happier with the results.

Here are some "before" shots of our living room area...definitely in need to some color!!


Finding the right paint color was a a bit of a challenge. We had to be careful with finding something that would go well with our wood floors. The tan/beige colors we were initially thinking did not look good AT ALL with them, so instead we chose a soft green color with a darker accent color on the wall with the fireplace and windows.





We have a few more things we would like to get to help pull the room together (curtains, rug, wall hangings, etc.) We will probably look at covering or replacing the couches too since they sort of clash with the wall color (Jason really wants to finish the basement and put them down there and I would be fine with that too...but that will probably have to wait until next year though!!)

We LOVE the color and how much nicer the rooms all look now that they're not that awful builder-white color. The light sage color is carried throughout the house in both the downstairs and upstairs hallways as well. I love how "warm" the house feels now. It's amazing what a little paint can do to completely transform a space!

3 comments:

w said...

It looks great Dadra! I love your wreath over your fireplace.

Amy said...

It looks great!

Alicia said...

I like it! The green turned out great. We painted a wall green and it was so hard to get a good green. Half of them looked like throw up on the wall. You should help me decide what to do with the bathroom. We painted it and just got it tiled but I can't decide if I like all the brown. Mo really likes it but i'm not so sure.