Wednesday, November 28, 2012

As if Soccer couldn't get any better?!?!?

Landon loved his first season of soccer. And then to add to the joy they announced that each child would be receiving a trophy for participating. A TROPHY!!!! Landon was thrilled with this news. Unfortunately I had Stake Women's Conference on that same morning so I wasn't able to be there, but Jason was sure to capture all the excitement on camera!
 
This is Landon's head coach "Craig"...
 
 
Giving him a "high-five" for a great season!
 
 
Landon with his new bling!
 
 
The only sad part about this whole event was that Abby has been yearning for a trophy for years and was a tad bit jealous to see her younger brother earn one before she did. She promptly declared that she would be playing soccer in the spring. However since we only allow them one activity at a time, I think she will stick to gymnastics after all. Hopefully all that tumbling and flipping will someday result in her very own shiny trophy!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Soccer is definitely a sport for trophies. I played soccer for 14 years and now have a storage bin full of trophies. Cool as kids, basically useless now. Good luck with Abby getting one in gymnastics. Maybe if she hints to her coach enough... otherwise soccer or basketball for a season should do the trick.

Amy said...

I never did any type of activities that earned a trophy so my mom made a looooong list of activities that I did and after I completed all the "goals" we set together, she went down to the trophy store and bought me a BIG one! It made this little girl happy!