Friday, September 23, 2016

Muddy Mamas

Last Saturday Abby and I ran in the local "Muddy Mamas" obstacle course 5K to benefit Girls, Inc. and Girls on the Run. I have to admit I wasn't particularly excited about this event going into it, but it turned out to be a lot of fun and Abby and I both had a great time together.

Here we are leaving the house, much cleaner than we would be a few hours later!

This was the group that participated together from our ward. We called ourselves "Mormon Mudders (Mothers) and Daughters." It was a lot of fun to be able to do this race with such a fun group of women and girls.


At first Abby and I were really trying to race this thing and we were way out in front of our group, but once we decided to all stick together and just have fun, it became far more enjoyable. We slid down into pits of mud, crawled through mud holes, jumped over hay bales, ran through tires, walked across a tight rope, climbed a cargo net, maneuvered across monkey bars (I was most proud of making it all the way across the monkey bars...not as easy as it was when I was a girl!!) and even rolled through mud at one point.

We crossed the finish line together looking like this...

Yes we are some Muddy Mamas (and daughters!)

And Abby was pleased as punch to earn that bling at the end!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am super impressed you made it across the monkey bars, I have tried that a few times when I'm at the park with my kids and I can never make it all the way. Looks like you had a fun race!