Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grandma & Grandpa Come to Visit

Jason's parents came into town last Thursday and we had a great time with them. We spent most of the day on Friday at the National Aquarium in downtown Baltimore. Abby loved seeing all the fish and we all really enjoyed our time there. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the aquarium...
Abby getting up close and personal with the sea creatures.

Grandpa helping Abby learn the difference between frogs and toads.Having fun at the dolphin show.
A cool picture of a sea turtle. Landon and I looking pretty stylish before the 4-D movie.

Abby giving us her "cheesy grin" in front of one huge fish.
We spent Saturday touring the Antietam National Battlefield and then Grandma and Grandpa watched the kids so Jason and I could go on our first date in a looooong time. (Thanks again! We really enjoyed the time alone!) We spent Labor Day at Pen-Mar Park. Grandma played with Abby on the swings while Grandpa, Jason, Landon and I hiked a few miles of the Appalachian Trail. We came home, had a BBQ out on our back deck and spent the evening shopping the Labor Day sales at the Outlet Mall.


But the main reason for their visit came on Sunday, Landon's blessing day. He looked so adorable in his little white outfit and was a perfect angel during the blessing. I had to quickly take him out afterwards though because he had a pretty big explosion in his diaper that I was able to change before it became too big of a mess. Tasha, Jeff and their son Coldon were also able to join us for this very special day.
The whole group together after the blessing.
Grandma and Grandpa with their first "Call" grandson.Our cute little family.And here is some evidence to show just how adorable Landon was in his little blessing outfit...
And since today is Septmeber 4th, I just wanted to publicly wish my little man a happy "3-Month Birthday!" I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. There are times I wish I could freeze him this small because he is just so adorable and fun, but I also look forward to the many changes and discoveries that he will be making during the next year and beyond. We're excited to see what kind of a person our little guy becomes. We love you lil' Landon!!



4 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh man, he is soooooo adorable. I just want to squoosh him--he is so cute!!! I just love his adorable smile and he has such a loveable, cute little face!

Stephanie said...

Landon is so cute! Although every stage is so fun, I love how it just gets better. Baby smiles are so cute!

Jennifer said...

He's getting so big!! What fun visit and a special day. Wish I could have made it.

Alona said...

He is SO cute! I love his little white outfit pictures! The one of Abby with the fish is so cute as well. I'm so glad Darrell and Maylene were there for the blessing!