Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Landon's Four!!

Four months that is!! I can't believe my little man is growing up so fast. He is just so darn cute and I can't seem to kiss those adorable cheeks enough! He loves to roll around the room now and has tried scooting with his strong little legs (I'm very discouraging of this however, I still enjoy his limited mobility!!) He can tripod sit for a little while and loves to put things in his mouth so that he can slobber all over them. He is even sleeping in his own room now. Ahhhhhh, where did my little newborn go?? And he definitely isn't so little anymore...at his 4-month checkup he weighed in at 16 lbs and measured 27 inches. He is long and plump, just the way we like our babies!!




And for your enjoyment, I will throw in a funny "Abby Story." (This actually happened a couple of months ago, but I don't think I ever blogged about it.) Abby loves going outside and bringing me all kinds of fun treasures that she finds out there (rocks, sticks, dirt...you get the idea.) Well one morning she was having a grand old time playing in the dirt under our deck when I heard her calling me. I go outside and she is standing there with her little hands outstetched showing me her newest find and declares, "Look Mom, a kitty!" Ummmm, it wasn't a kitty...it was a tiny dead rabbit she was clutching in her hands (We have a lot of wild rabbits that roam the fields behind our house. How this one died, I am not sure, nor do I care to find out!) I'm sure you can imagine the chaos that ensued as I quickly made her drop the rabbit and did my best at killing all the possible germs I could imagine were crawling all over her hands. This whole incident grossed me out beyond imagine and I still get the "heebie-jeebies" whenever Abby talks about her "kitty" from outside!!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Ewwwwww!!! I'm getting the heebies thinking about it. What a funny story! Your little guy is sooooo cute! he does have cheeks that looks so adorable and kissable!

Rachel B. said...

The first word in my head was also EWWWWWWW!!! That is so disgusting, but funny. Landon is so adorable. He really is a perfect combo of you and Jason. One second I see you completely and the next I see Jason. You guys make a good blend!

Amy said...

OH, Landon is ADORABLE and so big and tall. He's the same size as my one year old! Abby's "rabbit" is GROSSSSSS! But that is FUNNY, too.

Alicia said...

He's to cute. Sorry Jason He doesn't look like you. He looks like Dadra! Does that make the rest of us lucky? JK