Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Twin Cousins

I cannot believe that it is already October. I do enjoy the fall so much though, so I'm looking forward to all that this month has to offer (pumpkin patches, family reunion in Williamsburg, and of course, Halloween!!)


Last week I watched my sister Tasha's little boy Coldon for the day. She only works one day a week and usually her husband Jeff is able to watch him during that one day, but when he has to travel for work, I get to try my hand at experiencing what twins would be like (Coldon is just 7 weeks older than Landon!!) I was a little nervouse about how everything would go but it actually went a whole lot better than I thought (although there were a few hairy-scary moments when both were crying to be fed and I wasn't quite sure what to do!) Coldon is such a cutie-pie and I was able to get a few cute pictures of the cousins together. I do have to admit though that I have a newfound respect and admiration for those people who do have twins. I don't know how you do it everyday, especially with newborns...my hat goes off to you!!





I thought this was a pretty funny picture sequence. During our little photo session, Coldon became quite fascinated with Landon's ear...

  • Coldon: "Hey, I think I got somethin' here!"
  • Landon: "Ha-ha, that's funny!"

  • Coldon: "This is truly quite fascinating..."
  • Landon: "Uhhh, what's this kid doing?"

  • Coldon: "I gotta get me a better look at this thing!"
  • Landon: "Hey kid, do you see this little fist?"

8 comments:

Amy said...

That is so funny! What cute kids--all of them. I remember babysitting twins with a friend in high school. There were TWO of us and TWO babies and it STILL seemed more challenging than just one baby.

Steph Thomas said...

I love your dialogues. It goes so perfectly. Thanks for the laugh:)

Jennifer said...

Love the Dialogue! They are all so cute. Brave soul for taking care of two babies. How fun to have your sister so close. Williamsburg is a lot of fun. I was there last summer right before y'all moved to Virginia

Melissa said...

Yeah both Charles and I have had the fun experience of watching two babies and two toddlers at the same time! At least they sometimes are good at keeping each other happy. So cute!

KT said...

Love your narration of the pictures. And the kids are cuties!

Alona said...

Cute pictures! I love your fall-looking blog!

Alicia said...

That's cute. I love your dialogue. have you seen the show Wipe out on ABC you should chekc it out. They have good dialogue to.

Heidi said...

We call Makalya and Austin the twins in our family, though they're 6 months apart. Just wait till those boys are old enough to fight over toys and bite each other! Then you'll really have your hands full ;o).