Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter "Egg-travaganza"

I think we got all "egged" out this Easter (we had three different Easter egg hunts total that we participated in...one at a local nursing home, one at our house and another at my sister Tasha's house.) Abby loved finding all of the different eggs and ended up with quite the loot. On Saturday morning, both kids woke up to their Easter baskets filled with goodies and their plastic eggs full of candy (for Abby) and puffs (for Landon). Landon was probably a bit more interested in trying to eat the plastic eggs than anything else!



Later that morning we headed down to Virginia (sans Jason, who had to work...boo!) and met up with most of my family. My parents had flown in and Lara's family had driven up to join us for a big Easter celebration followed by a birthday party for little Coldon who is just 7 weeks older than Landon. I cannot believe he is already a year old!! (Nor can I believe that Landon will be hitting that milestone himself in less than two months!)
Coldon was a big fan of his birthday crown and his pile of presents...


However, he was not such a big fan of his first cake experience!! We tried everything to get him to dig in, but he was having none of it. My niece Paige was the same way when she turned a year old, but now happily proclaims that "Cake is my favorite food!" So no worries, he will eventually become a "treat-aholic" too, just like the rest of us!
Tasha, Jeff, Coldon and my dad all came up the next day for Easter dinner while the rest of the family headed back down to North Carolina. It was so much fun to be able to have almost everyone together again to celebrate two very special occasions. Abby was very sad to see her cousins leave, and kept begging me to turn the car around so that she could play with them some more. At least we live close enough to see them fairly regularly.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, you talking about how Landon will be one in 7 weeks made me realize just how fast our children are growing! We're doing a low key birthday party for Aubrey so I keep forgetting it is coming up so fast. Wow!
I love the idea of Puffs in Landon's eggs. Poor Aubrey got candy and Katie eats it since Aubrey cannot. Haha. Your children are adorable and that is wonderful you still have so many family members nearby to spend the holidays with.

Jennifer said...

What a fun Easter!! Landon looks like he is almost two in some of your pictures! He is growing so fast. so wish I could come visit this summer.