Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Independence Day 2010

I should really call this "Independence Weekend" because we drug out the fun of this holiday for FOUR days!!
Friday night: We had fun playing and roasting Smore's on our fire pit with some friends and their kids.
Saturday afternoon/night: We had a yummy and fun BBQ at our house with my sister and her family, her in-laws and some other friends from our ward. We also headed up to Pennsylvania for a fun fireworks display that night. We literally sat right under the fireworks and could feel ash falling on us from time to time. Everyone seemed to enjoy this except Mr. Landon who buried his head in Jason's chest until this torture was over! (I know my friend Rachel could relate!)
Sunday night: Relaxed and enjoyed all the leftovers from the night before. I also watched the city of Hagerstown fireworks display with Abby from her bedroom window.
Monday afternoon/night: Had another BBQ this time at someone else's home where the kids enjoyed lots of fun water time and the adults enjoyed conversation and a few games. We also did some small fireworks out on the street once it got dark. Landon wanted nothing to do with these either (although he would watch them as long as I held his head tightly against my chest. He did get brave enough to hold a sparkler though!)
A thoroughly fun and exhausting way to celebrate our nation's freedom, independence and heritage. I think July4th is one of my most favorite holidays...good food, good people and long summer days to enjoy it!!




(And yes, my kids wore coordinating outfits. It's not everyday that I can make this work with a boy and a girl so I have to take advantage of it now before one of them starts giving me a hard time about it!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

You definitely have to take advantage of the small window that you can do matching outfits. Your kids look darling/handsome! Sounds like you had a great 4th! It's one of my favorite holidays, too.

Julie said...

What adorable grandchildren I have!! Sounds like your holiday week-end was such fun!

Rachel B. said...

Ooo, I love that first picture of Landon. It looks so professional. Do you have a new camera? Maybe you're just good. Landon can just come hang out with me next year. We'll play games inside while everybody is outside with the fireworks. Also, I've been meaning to tell you, way to go with your fitness blog. The title is AWESOME...it's just perfect.