Friday, August 5, 2011

Royal Couple

Our local mall has been having a fun activity each week for young kids. It's like story time, singing time and craft time all rolled into one. And because it's free, you know we've taken full advantage of it each week.

Last week's theme was all about "fairy tales" and the craft project at the end was making these yellow crowns. Abby and Landon loved their artwork so much that when they came home they decided to act out the story of "Sleeping Beauty." At one point, Abby told Landon to wait downstairs as she "got ready" upstairs. (Getting ready turned out to be lying in her bed pretending to be asleep.) When she yelled "ready," Landon raced upstairs to wake his "sleeping beauty" and the royal couple then walked downstairs, arm-in-arm.




I just love their imagination and I hope they can always remain such close friends!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I LOVE free programs like that! How fun and Abby cracked me up with what "getting ready" meant. It's so fun to see siblings playing together so well. I'm excited for the day that my two will be old enough to enjoy each other and play together. I've been loving all the updates about Nolan. He's CUTE!