Thursday, December 29, 2011

Temple Lights

On Friday, December 23 we visited the Washington DC Visitor's Center to see all the Christmas lights. I think everyone else had the same idea because it was PACKED, but we still had a great time...

Nolan was utterly amazed by the beauty of all the lights...

Landon didn't love waiting in line in order to see the nativities from around the world...

But finally decided that is was well worth the wait!



Abby loved this purple-lighted tree because it matched her coat!

It was like walking through a winter wonderland for the kids!



I still wish they did the live nativity (the mannequin dolls always creep me out just a little) but I probably wouldn't ever volunteer to sit out there night after night so I guess I can't complain!

The lights on the hundreds of trees still can't compare to the beauty of the temple though!!





It was a fun way to spend "the Eve of Christmas Eve!"

2 comments:

losing my needles said...

Jesse and I did the parts of Mary and Joseph the first winter that we were married. Those were the only live parts the year that we did it. It was Freezing, and Jesse didn't like having the beard stuck to his face! But it's neat that we can say that we did it!

Amy said...

My parents-in-law mentioned how particularly beautiful the DC temple lights are. They missed them this year. They do look beautiful!