Thursday, April 11, 2013

Easter Week -- Day 8

The long-awaited day of resurrection and hope arrived on Sunday!! (Along with our Easter baskets full of goodies!)
 
For our lunch before church, we participated in an "Easter Seder" as explained here: http://powerofmoms.com/2013/03/easter-seder-a-new-spin-on-an-old-tradition/
 
Basically we talked about the entire last week of Christ's life, reading scriptures and reviewing all the things we had talked about during the week. This was all done in conjunction with different foods and drinks that we partook of during each part of the Seder. (This was brand-new to us this year and I LOVED it. It was a great way to culminate our Christ-centered Easter week.)
 
 
I hope to make it part of our Easter traditions every year!
 
Doing these activities all week really gave me a greater love and appreciation for my Savior. Oh how I love Him and am grateful for every blessing and comfort that His atonement offers me. I feel like such an unprofitable servant at times, but I know that His love and mercy help make up for my many shortcomings. What hope and joy those words of "His is Risen" gives to us all!

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

What a great job you did with Easter, Dadra! I'm so impressed. I had good intentions this year, but those pretty much fell flat. :/ I'll have to come back to these posts next year to get some ideas!

Steph Thomas said...

What an awesome end to a great week. I am sure your kids loved all of the activities and learned so much about the true meaning of Easter.