Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Paramount Walk-A-Thon

We participated in the annual Walk-A-Thon in late September at Paramount Elementary. It is their biggest fundraiser and the kids always have a great time marching along in their matching shirts after school on that day. A firetruck always leads the way and it is a fun and active way to raise money for the school. Abby had a great time walking with her 2nd grader friends...

 (Emerson, Amanda, Sophie & Abby...seems like just yesterday they were all in Kindergarten together!!)

Landon made it about .1 miles before the great "whine" fest began. I swear he has energy to spare all day everyday until it is time to walk somewhere, then it becomes "I'm too tired...It's too hard...my feet hurt..." repeated over and over again. It really ended up becoming a battle of wills (I had the double stroller with me but I wouldn't let him ride. It was a "walk-a-thon" for crying out loud...not a "ride-in-the-stroller-while-Mom-does-all-the-work" fundraiser.) In this battle of wills, Mom prevailed (but headphones to drown out all the whining I endured would have made the experience a bit better!)

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

YAY!!!! Mom - 1, Landon - 0
Way to be strong and not give in!!! I am sure it was hard but he is better for it!!! This makes me happy that you didn't give in:) How cool that that is their fundraiser.