Wednesday, December 25, 2013

It's Christmas!!

We woke up to a magical sight on Christmas morning...

We made the kids wait until 7 a.m. to come downstairs (I say "we" but really mean "I"...I think Jason was just as giddy with excitement as Abby and Landon were!)

At 7 a.m. there was a mad dash into the family room...



And a wonderful sense of fun as everyone checked out their new toys!!

Then it was time for the gift-opening. We took our time this year, taking turns opening our presents one at a time, and allowing the children to play with each present for a bit before moving onto the next one.

Abby also enjoyed handing out a few of the presents (this is normally Jason's job but he gave in to her wishes this year!) 

And we all loved seeing the faces of excitement shine through as each present was unwrapped!

The rest of the day consisted of a yummy breakfast, lots of playing, and a traditional Christmas dinner that evening.

Oh, how we all love Christmas. We can't wait until it arrives again next year!!

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

I am like Jason, I think I am more excited for everyone to open the presents I gave them it is so hard to wait.