Thursday, February 20, 2014

Almost Baptism Time!

The week before Abby's baptism, we took some pictures of her in her baptismal dress in our backyard. It just happened to be snowing that day which made for an ideal "white background." She made up all of these poses herself. What a sweet little lady!!
(Sidenote: I ordered this white dress from lds.org because I loved that it was long-sleeved but when it arrived, I was really disappointed with the poor quality of it overall. Abby is pretty small for her size (wears a size 6 normally) but the size Large (size 8) seemed to be too small for her. It was also very thin and could not be worn without a slip for her actual baptism. I searched high and low for a child's slip, but soon realized that nobody around here sells them. Finally I went to Burlington Coat Factory and found a beautiful white dress (sleeveless of course, but with a nice sweater to got over it) for the same price as the previous dress and I went ahead and bought it. I figured this may be my only little girl with "three white dresses" and I didn't want to be disappointed in her baptismal one!! She LOVED her new dress and I learned my lesson about buying clothes online!)

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

That is really sad about the dress. I wish you could have loved it when you got it. Now I want to see the other dress also:)