Thursday, May 15, 2014

First Communion

A couple of Saturdays ago, Abby and I attended the first communion for several of her friends from school as well as one of our neighbors. I have been inside several Catholic churches before on my mission, but had never attended an actual Mass before, so it was interesting to see what it was like.
Here's a little picture of Abby and her friend Ava. There were probably around 40 children doing their first communion that day and Abby loved the veils that all the little girls were wearing!

After the Mass, we headed to our neighbors for a big Brazilian feast. Our neighbor is an amazing cook and loves to entertain which is perfect since our family really likes to eat!! It was amazing and made me miss a lot of things about my mission. We sure do love having great neighbors!!

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

That is really cool and I love that you have that open religion aspect too. I am hoping they went to Abby's baptism. I have only gone to Mass once, it was for Chris' Grandma' funeral. It is good to see how other people do things. SO wonderful to have great neighbors.