Monday, August 4, 2014

Colorado Side Trip

After our reunion in Idaho, we made the 7-hour drive to Grand Junction to spend a few days with my family in Colorado. Jason spent the weekend with us until he left on Monday morning for a work trip so it was just me and the kiddos for a few extra days before we flew back home to Maryland. It was so fun to spend time with my parents and oldest sister, Tami.

No Colorado trip would be complete without some yummy cookie making (and eating of course!!)

We also celebrated this little man's birthday a few days early so Grandma and Grandpa could spoil him a bit...


My mom put Abby and Landon in charge of decorations and games for the birthday party and they did an awesomely creative job!!




We went from 30 degrees and snow in Idaho to 90+ degrees and sunshine in Colorado. We took advantage of the warm weather with several park days and swimming at the local pool.









Grandma let the kids raid her piggy bank full of quarters and ended up with $30 each!!! They LOVED having so much money to spend...



We were only there for four days, but we packed a bunch of fun activities in there while we could. Our goodbye was just for a short time since we would be seeing my parents again the following week in the Outer Banks.

Over the last seven years that we have lived out East, I always get a bit nostalgic and homesick when I visit the West and come home with a strong desire to live out there again. I have to admit that this was my first trip out West where I didn't have that feeling. I love visiting out West, but I really, really LOVE the East coast now and all that it has to offer. I guess it has just become home to me now!!

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

I guess I have not lived here long enough. I feel like my home is TX. We LOVED it there and I wish we could go back. Glad you got to enjoy some warm weather finally though. I am a little jealous with how much you guys do when you are at your parents house. When we go to Chris' parents house, unless we stay inside all day while his mom sleeps and his dad is at work, we have to go do things ourselves. Even when his dad is home they don't come with us. Pretty sad actually. I am living through you:) That is impressive that they EACH got $30. That is crazy!! What a great grandma:) You have a great family.