Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Gettysburg

Since Tami had never been out this way before and because she loves history so much, I knew I wanted to take her on a visit with my parents to Gettysburg. It's only about 40 minutes from our home and since most of the stuff is inside (museum and driving around the battlefield) it didn't matter that the weather was cold. I actually realized that winter is the best time to go to these places. We always seem to go in the summer during peak tourist season but on Friday, December 5th, we almost had the entire place to ourselves.

Tami really enjoyed being there and even though my parents have been there before, they really enjoyed being able to see everything without so many people around.

Here is our little Union soldier. The older two kids were in school so they missed out, but Nolan was such a trooper through it all and Maylie pretty much slept the entire time.

It was a nice way to spend a winter day in Pennsylvania!

And because Grandma Julie was around to take pictures, it was fun to get a more recent picture of me and my sweet little girl!

And she pretty much has Daddy wrapped around her little finger too!

1 comment:

Rachel B. said...

It's crazy to me how much you and Tami look alike! She's just you with blond hair. :) You're so lucky to get such frequent visitors out your way. And you look great, Dadra!