Friday, April 3, 2015

Maylie's Half Birthday!

I know I say this all the time but I seriously cannot believe that our little Maylie girl is six months old today. The time is flying which makes me so sad because I really love this baby of mine. But I am also so excited to see all the things that she will learn and do and become as she gets older.

She is seriously the sweetest baby ever. I love her to pieces (we all do!!) and we cannot imagine our lives without her special spirit in it.

She is a very happy little girl and spends most of the day grinning from ear to ear. She loves her older siblings and they have fun getting her to laugh and play with them. This last month she has especially enjoyed her new bouncer and spends many happy moments just bouncing away in it.

She has recently discovered her voice and loves talking and squealing to her little heart's content. I just love the sounds she makes, especially since she never tells me "No" and what a mean, horrible mother I am. I seem to get that a lot from the other three kiddos around here!:(

She is not crawling or sitting unassisted yet, but she can definitely get around with all of her rolling. She is also our first child who doesn't really enjoy sitting in the Bumbo chair for long. She likes to move, move, move by either rolling around on the floor or bouncing away in her bouncing chair. I guess she takes after her mommy in that way!

We started her on solid foods at five months based on our pediatrician's recommendation and her sleep has gotten SOOOOO much better. She takes regular naps now that last from 1-2 hours each and she is only waking up one time to eat at night and then going right back to sleep. Her sleeping issues were the one problem we had with her and now that we figured out she was just hungry, she has become just about the most perfect baby ever!!

Oh, Maylie Magoo how we adore you. You are so sweet, cuddly, adorable, and fun and I could spend all day just kissing those fluffy cheeks of yours. Would you just stop getting so big so fast?!?!?!

No comments: