Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Our Master Poet!

The Washington County Library sponsored a poetry/short story contest over the winter months and Abby ended up winning first place in the 2nd-3rd Grade division. She was thrilled and was excited to attend a special reception on Friday, April 24th to recognize all of the winners.

Here she is all dressed up and ready to go inside the Hotel Convention Center. We got a babysitter for the boys and just brought Maylie and Abby which was a nice way to celebrate the evening without dragging along two little bored boys!

They had a nice dinner beforehand, a short presentation from an area author, and then they had each winner read their poem or a part of their short story. Abby was the first to go up and did an amazing job!!



Here were will the different winners at the end of the evening...

Our little poet!!

A few weeks later, a group picture was included in our local paper too!


Here was her winning poem:

The Secret

I know a secret, I’m not going to tell.
I know a secret, but I told it to Nell.
Then suddenly “knock, knock” at my door.
Well what do you know it was my friend Eleanor!

So I told her the secret, she said she would keep it.
But when it comes to Nell, she can’t keep a secret!

Nell told Eddie,
Who then told Freddie,
Who also told Jill,
Who finally told Will,
And when Will heard the secret he said in front of all,
“I know the secret….EMILY LIKES BOBBY PAUL!”

Bobby blushed and I said, “Nell spilled the beans.”

Gee, I should not have told anyone by any means!

No comments: