Thursday, October 29, 2015

Heartbreak

It has been difficult for me to get caught up on my blogging. I was in the middle of recapping our trip to Disney World when I received the terrible news that my mom had unexpectedly passed away. This has been so difficult for me and my family to deal with and her loss has weighed heavy on my mind and my heart.




There were two main reasons for me to keep this blog going year after year. The first was because it provided a good family history and I would use the pictures and write-ups to create our yearly digital scrapbook. The second reason was because I knew my mom checked my blog religiously and I liked updating her on our lives since we live so far away. The thought of blogging again, knowing she won't be reading these little updates about our family, is extremely hard. But my mom was all about pictures and memories and I know she would want me to keep it up. So I will, For her and for the wonderful memories she created for me that I hope to be able to pass down to my own little family. I know I will see my mom again, but it is painful not to have her just a phone call away anymore. I miss her more than words can say...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can only imagine the pain and heartache that you have been feeling since receiving the news. I know how close you were to your mom. I have been thinking a lot about you lately and wish I could be there to give you a hug.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry for your loss Dadra! I have been thinking of you and how hard that must be to not be able to just pick up the phone and call your mom. Hugs to you and your family.