Thursday, May 25, 2017

Home Improvements

Every winter, when the weather is too cold to be outside much, I try to take on a few home improvement projects. My first project this year was our master bathroom.

Here is what it looked like when we moved in. It's a nice space, but lacked our personal touches. We hadn't done anything to it in the 7 years that we have lived here and it showed!

The first thing I did was paint it a nice beige/grey color. This really helped the space a lot and made all the white cabinets and tile really "pop." I also removed the nasty sliding shower door. It always looked gross no matter how hard I tried to keep it clean and it was time to go. For now, we have this cute shower curtain covering the space but eventually I would like to get a nice set of glass doors when it fits into our budget!

In the toilet area, I painted the top half and then added wallpaper wainscoting to the bottom along with a chair rail. It give this small space a bit more appeal.

We changed out the "Hollywood" lights for a nice brushed nickel fixture and replaced the brass faucet fixtures with something more updated. A few nice accessories add to the look!

I framed out both mirrors to give it a more finished look. added some hooks for our towels and a floating shelf with some decor in this corner. The biggest change was the new flooring. We went from dirty, white linoleum to a nice dark vinyl wood floating floor. I think this bathroom now has my favorite flooring in the whole house!

After the bathroom was complete, I tackled our Master Closet. I painted it the same color as the bathroom and added some printed vinyl behind the shelves. 

Added a few storage items and replaced our plastic hangers with thin velvet ones and this room was done!

A small project above our stairs...a picture collage and a new light fixture!

Next up was the pantry. I panted the walls (grey, of course!) and painted the shelves a nice crisp white that is easier to clean than the white flat paint that was on them. 
 I added a few organizational items and the pantry went from disastrous to functional!

The last project was merely painting our dining room. I loved the red pop of color when we first painted it, but my love for it had started to dwindle and I was ready for a change. 

So what color did I paint it?

The color that I am really loving right now....grey!! This is the same paint color in our basement, master bathroom, master closet, and pantry. It may soon take over our whole house!!


This room is the one you first see when entering our home and I like how the grey gives it such a different, more modern feel. I sure do enjoy these home improvement projects!!

No comments: