Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day!

Ahhh....Motherhood!! The hardest, most wonderful, most difficult, most joyful, the grossest, and most enjoyable job I have ever done!!

I love these four children of mine so very much, even if there was quite the uproar when I asked to take some pictures with them this morning. I did have to use a bit of a guilt trip to get them to agree to it, but hey, it's Mother's Day...I should get what I want, right?!?!





I know that Mother's Day can be a very difficult holiday. I remember it being hard as a single person, wondering if I would get married and have a family of my own. It was hard when I was married, childless and having just experienced two painful miscarriages. It was difficult as a young mom thinking I was so far from a perfect Mom and surely didn't deserve all of these motherhood accolades when comparing myself to other moms. And it is especially hard for me now thinking of my Mom who passed away in 2015. Last year was especially difficult as I experienced my first Mother's Day as a motherless child. At least that is what I chose to focus on, which honestly made for a pretty miserable day. This year, I decided to focus more on the wonderful memories that I have with my own mother, cherish the moments of my own motherhood. and express gratitude for all the amazing women in my life, both with and without children who have strengthened and uplifted me and countless others. Women are amazing and I enjoyed relishing in that womanhood that makes us all mothers, healers and nurturers no matter how many or few children we may have. I think that's how my Mom would have wanted me to celebrate it anyway!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So perfectly said Dadra, thanks for sharing. These are beautiful pictures with your children!