Monday, July 9, 2018

Outer Banks 2018

I think I came to the realization this year that our Outer Banks trip that we take every July is my most favorite week of the year. I LOVE the Christmas season too, but man alive I love just soaking up the sun, relaxing in our beautiful beach house and being surrounded by people that I love so very much. It always goes by way too fast!! I mean look at this view...


We caught the sunset one night as we strolled along the boardwalk. So beautiful!!
This year we did a few different things which I absolutely loved. Most days we go to the beach in the morning but on a couple of days we decided to do evening beach trips and it was so fun!! It was cooler, less crowded, and the waves were gorgeous!! Of course the view of these three boys and their skinny white legs couldn't be beat!!


My favorite thing about the OBX is being surrounded by my wonderful family. We all have a great time together and I love the time that we get to share here in this special place. My sister Tami wasn't able to join us this year but we hope she will be back next year!




My mom would be so proud that we got some family pictures and even a cousin "stairstep" picture at the beach too! 10 grandchildren and one more on the way!!

I still can't decide whether I love the beach or the sound side more. We are lucky to experience both each time we go to the OBX!

The other fun adventure that we tried for the first time this year was renting a pontoon boat for a day on the sound. It was soooo much fun and I think it will become a regular tradition from here on out. Here is our handsome driver...
The kids loved riding in the boat and then getting off at various points to swim in the sound. This is the first time we had gone swimming in the sound and enjoyed this experience, especially the "gloopy gloo" that was on the bottom that we walked through!





The kids even had the chance to drive the boat for a bit which they loved!!






Getting in lots of cousin time is the best!!
Forcing my children to take pictures is always fun too!
We always go to the Outer Banks during the week of July 4th and love participating the town of Duck's annual parade. This year the kids sold water and Capri-Suns during the parade and made $120 in just 30 minutes!! They sold out before the parade even began so they are already planning on how to bring more next summer!
Of course we also spent many afternoons shopping along the boardwalk in Duck! Oh how I miss this place but am already looking forward to returning next year!!

No comments: