Sunday, December 12, 2021

Covid Quarantine=Home Improvements!

The last part of November we had a floor and walls installed in our two-story foyer to create a small office space for Jason. With him being Stake President for the next 9-10 years, it was something that we really needed to have in our house so he didn't have to keep using our bedroom as his office.

Here are some before pictures of the space...



And some after the framing was complete...


 It turned out really well and he enjoys having his own space!

On the new ceiling in our foyer, Jason installed a new coffered ceiling and light fixture. It looks so good!


While the construction on our new home office was happening, we also decided to add board and batten to the towel walls in both of our bathrooms. We really like how both spaces turned out.


On Friday, December 3rd, Nolan came down with a headache and when he spiked a fever the next day, we took him to get tested for Covid. He came back positive so was quarantined along with Maylie for the next 10 days. Jason, Abby, and Landon were free to keep going to work and school as long as they remained symptom free since they were fully vaccinated. Maylie had some minor symptoms on Sunday and Monday (headache, low grade fever) and also ended up testing positive for Covid. I started feeling off on Monday and came down with a head cold on Tuesday-Friday. I also lost my sense of taste and smell so when I also tested positive for Covid, I wasn't too surprised. Yep, I won the fully vaccinated breakthrough Covid case prize. Lucky me! 


Since we had to quarantine this whole last week, I decided to do a few home projects including painting the kids bathroom and installing new flooring. I have a few more items to complete before I do a complete before and after. I figured that I might as well put this time to good use, especially since we were blessed not to be hit too severely with Covid. We are now hoping everyone else continues to stay healthy!










 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, stake president!?! I mean, I'm not surprised, but you all are going to be even busier! Best wishes to you both. Also, the office turned out great; as did your other projects.