Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Roommate Reunion

Last week Abby and I spent the week in Ohio with three of my former roommates from BYU. I have such great memories of my college days and that is due in large part to the wonderful roommates that I had, particularly Marisa, Heidi and Rachel. The cool thing is that all of us had babies in 2006 (Marisa had her second and the rest of us had our first, with Abby being the oldest.) Rachel and Heidi flew in from Denver while Abby and I drove since it was only about a 6 hour drive from Maryland. We had a great trip but tragedy struck when we arrived and I accidentally locked Abby in the car with all of our luggage. The police came relatively quickly and later we all laughed about the fun start to our reunion.

With five kids and their various nap schedules, it prevented us from doing too much outside the house, but the thing we have always enjoyed doing the most we got to do a lot of...talking, talking, talking, and more talking. It was especially nice when all the kiddos would go to bed and we would stay up really late just gabbing about anything and everything. Our topics of conversation have definitely changed since our college days, but the ease with which we could share everything was still the same. It has been a long time since I have stayed up so late (yeah, since college!) but it was just so fun that I never wanted to go to bed. It was such a refreshing vacation and we really enjoyed our time together. It is definitely something that we want to do again soon, but we are thinking that next time, we may just leave the kids home with their dads so we can enjoy some real "girl time" together. Marisa, Heidi and Rachel....I love you girls and I'm so glad that we were able to do this.

P.S. -- I realized when I got home that I hadn't taken many pictures, so I am copying the slideshow from Marisa's Blog. I hope you don't mind!!!


4 comments:

Marisa said...

I thought the slideshow looked familiar :-). I love that you have it one yours, too. I only wish I had also taken more pictures as when I went to do my post I realized that I really only had a few--what a shame from such seasoned bloggers. I'm soooo glad that you were able to come. I just love you guys!

Stephanie said...

It sounds like you all had fun at your reunion. My sister and her roomates had a yearly reunion every year after they graduated- I think it lasted for about 7 years and now they just visit when they are in town. It is also a good thing that you all blog so you can steal the pictures!

Rachel B. said...

I loved our trip! I miss you all already! We just got back yesterday. Thanks so much for everything...for driving me to Maryland then to DC and letting me stay with you and all the fun talks! You're the best!

Alona said...

What a fun idea! I'm going to try one of those!