Friday, February 27, 2009

My New Teeth

So I have a genetic condition that causes my lateral incisor teeth (the teeth on either side of "my two front teeth") to be extremely small. Once all my adult teeth came in, it caused me to have a fairly large gap between my two front teeth since they migrated out away from each other. When I was 12 or 13, I had brackets put on my two front teeth to pull them together and then had veneers put on the two side teeth to make them look more normal and to keep the space from reforming. These were supposed to last about 5-7 years. Well 5-7 years later, I was in college, then went on a mission, back to college, got married, put my husband through graduate school, had two kids, etc....so needless to say the veneers were looking pretty shabby over 15 years after they had been put in!! They had yellowed quite a bit and had also degenerated somewhat so that a small gap had begun to form between my two front teeth again. Finally, I was able to have them fixed yesterday and I love them!! I think the dentist did a great job of matching them to my other teeth and he even filled in the gap again. I love Dr. Ellis!! (Just in a fabulous dentist kind of way, mind you!)



Here are some before and after pictures to give you an idea of the state of my teeth (something I know you were all dying to see...)
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Oh, and just for fun, I was talking on the phone one night when Jason brought Landon down looking like this...
I thought it was caused from the static when pulling off his onesie, but then I smelled hairspray in his hair and realized that Jason had styled it this way. Crazy husband!!!

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!"

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Just did some catching up on your blog. Oh my life is too busy right now! But I'm so glad I can get the low down on all your latest happenings. Cute little family. And I love the new smile!

Steph Thomas said...

Wow, it looks so good. I had not noticed your other teeth before but I am sure you did. It is good to finally get something done that you have been wanting to get done for a long time.

Rachel B. said...

Dadra, you know I love teeth, and wow those look amazing! You are just getting all dolled up. I'm so super impressed with your weight loss too (even though I never thought you needed to lose anything in the first place). You are one sexy momma!

Matt & Andrea said...

Does Jason style Landon's hair because he misses his own? =) Congrats on having a great dentist. They're so hard to find.