Monday, February 2, 2009

100 Miles!!!

Well I just passed my first 100 miles on my way to running 1000 miles during 2009. And even more exciting than that...I've lost 8 pounds since January 1st!!! Wahooo!!! I've been following the "Best Life Diet" (not so much a diet, but a way of eating) in order to help me eat healthier, more wholesome and filling foods. I've also amped up my workouts during this last month and I've seen some great results!! Part of the "Best Life" plan is not weighing yourself at all for the first four weeks so I had no idea I had lost so much weight. My clothese were feeling looser, so I knew I was getting smaller, but it's always nice to see some validation on the scale too. I can now fit into all my "skinny" clothes and I'm a few pounds less than my pre-preggo weight. I am now the thinnest I have been since college. I am trying to see if I can get back to my high school weight, so we'll see how I do this next month. Anyway, I'm totally excited about this and really feel like I'm starting to live my "best life." If anybody wants any details about the program, I'm a HUGE fan of it to I'd be happy to share the details. (By the way, we recently purchased two new workout videos that I would recommend, especially if you're a "Biggest Loser" fan...we love the show around here!! One is the "Biggest Loser Bootcamp" and the other is "Jillian Michael's Shred." Both are pretty good and great for those days when I can't get to the gym. Just thought I would share!!)

9 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Dadra you are amazing! You seriously are one of the most determined and ambitious people I know. Kind of ironic that I was about to do a post about needing to get off my cookie dough diet. :) I really would like details and I'll have to see about those videos because they just closed my gym. Boo!!!

Marissa Marie said...

I think you should give me some details about the diet too. You're awesome!

Steph Thomas said...

I would love to hear about it. Once I put my mind to it, it was actually pretty easy losing the weight after Matthew, (well starting in 2007) but it seems this time I haven't COMPLETELY put my mind to it and it is SOOOO much harder this time. Not to mention that it is harder to find the time when they are both asleep to work out. We can't afford a gym membership right now so it is all me. Please send me info if you can.
Thanks, you are too amazing.

Stephanie said...

Where are the pictures? Congratulations on 100 miles. I think you'll easily meet your 1000, especially if you do another marathon this year. I think my mom bought those DVD's as well; I'm excited to check them out. You are inspiring!

w said...

I would love to hear more about your routine and when you fit your workouts in. I really want to start running.

Congrats on doing so great this month! I hope February is good for you too :)

Alicia said...

Congratulations! It sounds like everyone wants to hear more about the best life diet. You should just post it! Since you're losing so much weight does that mean you're just more irresistible to jason? Another baby in the works!?!?!

Heidi said...

As if you need to loose weight. I saw your prego pics. Did you actually gain any baby weight? Ok, actually, I think that's awesome. I'm working on working off the baby weight too and it is extremely rewarding to see progress - so super congrats. I am curious about your life plan too. Don't know if I have time to make changes now, but I'd love to hear about it and glean some wisdom from it.

Melissa said...

Congrats! You look amazing...I wouldn't have guessed you even needed to lose 8 pounds. :) Do you ever run with your kids? I ran a lot with Henry (before I got pregnant again) and I actually enjoyed it so I'm looking at double strollers so I can keep running with this next baby. If you do run with them, what do you use?

Jennifer said...

WOW Dadra! That's awesome. Your workout sounds better then mine. The 11 lbs I lost this last month cost me over $600 and a lot of pain. However I just sat on the couch and recovered. DOn't recommend going that route if you have a choice. sounds like you'll keep yours off better then I will. I wish I could enjoy running like everyone else does. Can't wait to read about what you do.