Monday, January 18, 2010

Today's the Day...

Today I am officially the big 3-0!! Amazingly, I feel really good about it. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 20's (so much better than my awkward teen years!) And I accomplished a lot during the last decade of my life (served a mission, graduated from college, got married, had two beautiful children and even ran two marathons!) Trying to top all of that will be a challenge, but I'm also really excited about the prospect of doing even bigger and greater things. I feel much more confident and comfortable in my own skin now than I did at 20 and I can't wait to see what the next decade has in store. Bring it on 30...I'm totally ready for ya!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Wow--you definitely sound ready to face your 30s. Way to go!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! That's exactly how I felt. Well said, and you have really defined yourself in the last decade. Way to be an amazing wife, mother, and person. I KNOW the next 30 years will be even better for you - you deserve it!

Rachel B. said...

Man, you have done a lot of big things! I have loved knowing you for all of your 20's and have always been amazed with what you accomplish. Can't wait to see Dadra in her 30's. Watch out world! Happy birthday!

kathy said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's been a good one. :)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's filled with fun time with family and lots of things you don't normally let yourself eat. :)

Julie said...

OH TO BE 30 AGAIN! I HAVE NO DOUBT YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT DECADE IN FRONT OF YOU!!

Kerri said...

Ok, I had no idea you were 30. I also had no idea you served a mission. How has that never come up in conversation. I must say you rocked your twenties. Makes me think I need to kick it into high gear so I'm just as satisfied when I turn 30. You are so inspiring for me.

p.s. have you all been to niagara falls. brad and i are thinking about going, would you want to come too if we did it over a spring break or something??