Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home!!

We've now been in our new home for a month and we are loving it! We are all unpacked and now making lists of everything we would like to do as homeowners (a never-ending list I suppose!!) Our neighborhood is fantastic and we have very friendly neighbors which makes living here all the better.
And now, without further ado....
OUR HOME...
It's a colonial style, two-story home with an unfinished basement. It was built in 2007.


Formal Living Room (Before)

Our new "library" (After)

(Jason was super excited to get all of his books out of boxes. They have sat there for the last three years!!)

Dining Room (Before)

Dining Room (After)

Family Room (Before) We would really like to paint this room too, but those 20 foot walls really scare me!!!

Family Room (After)

View from front foyer

View from kitchen

Kitchen

The part of the kitchen that I totally fell in love with....the walk-in pantry!!

View from the foyer into the "playroom area"

One of our favorite rooms in the house...the playroom!!


View from upstairs

View from the catwalk above (we love, love, love the open floorplan!)

Abby's room...what luck, it was already painted her favorite color!

A walk-in closet at only 4-years-old? Lucky girl!!

Betcha can't guess whose room this is?

We'd like to paint Landon's room too, but I'm not quite sure which color yet.

The master bedroom (definitely needs more furniture in here, or just furniture in general. I won't be too sad to get rid of those NICE TV Dinner nightstands!!)
Last but not least, the guest bedroom (and yes, it is pink and yes we definitely plan on painting it soon. I think we can only handle one pink bedroom in the house!)

So that's it. We feel very lucky to have been able to buy this home at such a great price and we look forward to creating many fun memories here. We've been busy getting the backyard fixed up so I'll post on that one too. And yeah, we did have a certain little boy in our family turn the BIG 2 last week so definitely more to come on that one too!!

7 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Wow, Dadra! It's beautiful. I love the wood floors. And you've already painted so much. So impressed. And yes, those 20 ft. ceilings are an absolute beast. If we were to ever repaint ours we would definitely hire it out. Congratulations and ENJOY!!!

Amy said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL! It's nice that you were able to get it so new and I love what you've done with it. I would have been sold on the walk-in pantry, too and that fun playroom! Also, having great neighbors makes all the difference. Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

Julie said...

What a beautiful home! I can't wait to see it in person.

I love the colors that you painted in the library and dining room. You both do such a beautiful job painting. I can see why you don't want to paint the high ceilings though.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Can't wait until I see your new patio and backyard.

Love, Mom

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see it in person!!! Love the decorations, GREAT JOB!! When I buy a house you need to come shopping and decorate with me.

Kerri said...

wow! big and beautiful. i like your paint choices. those 20 foot walls would scare me too! it seems similar to the place you used to live, but this one seems more open! i'm glad you found something so perfect. oh and that walk in pantry seems dreamy!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE it. I really like the colors you choose and the library looks so inviting. Plus, a play room? I'm excited for your family. Congratulations on your new house!

Becky said...

Gorgeous home! I'm amazed by how much work you've gotten done so quickly!