Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our First Nursery!

Despite the fact that this will be our third baby, this is actually the first "nursery" that we've been able to decorate due to the fact that we were renting before this. This is the first time we've been in our own home with a new baby and could do just exactly want we wanted to do with a room. So here's our "first baby nursery" (sorry the pictures are so dark but at least you get the idea!)...

Jason and my brother-in-law Jeff spent a Saturday last Spring putting up the bead-board and chair-rail around the room. We LOVE how it turned out!!


The "new and improved" changing table (it's actually just our old light oak-colored one that I painted a nice chocolate brown to match our new crib.) I was amazed at how well it turned out!!

This is actually the second largest bedroom in our home, but due to two closets in the room, it lacks a bit of wall space. I was really hoping to get a recliner for this room like we have in Landon's, but I also wanted to keep the futon in here so we would still have space for guests. We ended up compromising by keeping the futon and just getting this nice glider chair. It's not quite as comfortable as a recliner/rocker, but it will definitely be used a lot for all of those nursing sessions ahead of us!

My favorite part of the room is this new crib and bedding set. Our old crib was cheap, broken (when both Abby and Landon decided to use it for a trampoline), and recalled (due to the drop-down sides) so it was definitely it need of replacement. I really LOVE this new crib and hope we can get many years of use from it!!

These are the only wall decoration we currently have for the room. I am hoping to add more after the baby comes and we pick out a name!!

Jason and I were both really happy with how the room came together. It has a nice relaxing feel to it and I will often go in and just sit in there to imagine what this new little baby will look and be like. Now he/she just needs to get here already!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

It looks great!

Stephanie said...

Very cute. I believe we had that same (or similar crib) with Katie.

Just curious - did you have a clause saying you couldn't paint if renting or you just didn't want to? We have some friends who have rented many times and have always painted. And then if the owners do not like it when they move out they just paint it back to a color the owner likes. Their newest house they picked out colors with the owner since the owner was going to paint anyway so they didn't have to pay for the paint. So, I was wondering.

Heidi said...

You did a great job with that room! I really like the bead board around the room. I wish I had a bit of decorating oomph. So when exactly is/was that due date of yours? Looking forward to the big announcement.

Rachel B. said...

Super cute Dadra!! How fun to finally be able to go all out for a nursery. I especially love the crib bedding and the brown and white bins/baskets. I know I keep saying this, but I can't wait to hear news of your little one's arrival!