Friday, June 24, 2011

Pregnancy at a Glance!!

Well after 40 weeks, this pregnancy journey is about to come to an end. It has been a completely different pregnancy from my other two. After a rocky first trimester, the last 24 weeks or so have flown by and I have felt really good for the most part. Now we are just so excited to meet this little baby!! So here's how it all went down...

12 weeks...(Can't believe how flat my tummy used to be!!)

16 weeks...

20 weeks...

24 weeks...

28 weeks...

32 weeks...

40 weeks...

I've actually had two due dates with this pregnancy. June 19th was based off of my last menstrual cycle and June 26th was based off of an early ultrasound. So in that last picture I am either five days past my due date or two days before it. Either way, I am calling it "full-term" and it will be the last pregnancy picture I take this time around!

I actually had about 3 hours of mild contractions last night and was pretty sure I was starting to go into labor. But alas I woke up this morning and was pretty sad that I wasn't quite ready to go to the hospital yet!! I really can't complain too much...I'm still working out, I haven't gained too much weight with this pregnancy (actually I haven't gained any weight in the last month or so), I'm not swollen in the slightest and no real aches or pains to think of. I've been really amazed at how good this pregnancy has been, but I'm just really ready to hold this little one in my arms instead of my belly. Plus I'm getting a bit anxious to see how labor and delivery will go so it will be nice to finally be done with that part.

Having the gender be a surprise this time around has actually been a lot of fun. Everyone now is so excited to find out what we are having and my midwives have told me that it gets really exciting in the delivery room when the family doesn't know the gender. I loved finding out the gender with both Abby and Landon, but I'll be the first to admit that this surprise has added a little something extra special to this pregnancy.

Here's to hoping that this baby decides it's time to leave soon!!

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Yay!!! I've been thinking about you so much lately wondering when we're going to hear an announcement. And I was feeling bad posting Everett's birth story with you and Heidi being pregnant. Yours is going to go great, I can feel it! :) Oh, I'm so excited for you! Please keep us updated!

Amy said...

You still look pretty small for being full term-no wonder you're still feeling good. (Well, that and how well you've taken care of yourself...) I'm so excited for you. They say that being fit makes for easier labor and delivery so you've certainly done your part to make it as easy as possible! Good luck with everything!