Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Day of Kingergarten!!

Abby started school on Thursday, August 25th. She was super excited about her first day and woke up nice and early, bursting with enthusiasm.

She had picked out her first day of school outfit a few weeks before and I curled her hair for the special occasion...

She looked so adorable and grown-up!!



After breakfast, we loaded the whole family into the car to take her to school that day...


It was a rainy day, but she was really happy that her outfit included a built-in hoodie to keep her dry!!

She was now an official kindergartner at Paramount Elementary School!



Here she is in front of her classroom. Her teacher is Ms. Austin which we were really excited about. We were told she was a great teacher and Abby really loves her!!
At this point I started to get a bit weepy but I tried to hold it together long enough to show her to her cubby and get her all settled in. Abby was anxious and excited for this day and had no problems saying goodbye. As soon as I walked out her door though, I really lost it. It was hard to see my baby girl leaving me for the first time and heading off to school. But seeing her excitement each day and knowing how much she is learning and growing makes it all worth it.

We sure do love our little Kindergartner!!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I cannot believe she'd old enough to be in kindergarten! That first day (and week) are always heart wrenching!!!

Rachel B. said...

She looks so darling and old! It's weird to me that if Reese were only 5 days older she would have started too. Very weird. I'm glad Abby's loving it!

Becky said...

Dadra, she's precious. Congrats on the milestone.