Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Two Months -- August 28th

I'm a bit behind on this one, but just pretend we're back on August 28th to celebrate my little man's 2nd "monthday!!"

So here he is in all his glory at two months...
Here he is at one month old in the same outfit...
The 0-3 month outfits are definitely fitting better at this point and he has even outgrown a few things because he is so long. He had his 2-month checkup and weighed in at 11 lbs (25th percentile) and 24 inches (75th percentile). He is long and lean but super healthy and eats like a champ! He didn't care for his first round of vaccinations too much but only cried for a minute or so before calming down again.

I know I've said it before, but Nolan is a very good baby. He is sleeping for 7-8 hour stretches at night now (hallelujah) and has even slept through the night on occasion. He eats about every 2.5-3 hours during the day but increases his feedings in the evening which I don't mind if it means he can sleep longer at night!

This month he really started smiling and even chuckling at us which has been so rewarding. I love this phase when they can finally interact with you a bit and we get those big gummy grins!
He started to go to the gym with me at 7 weeks and spends most of his time there either sleeping or being cuddled by the wonderful women who work there. We are starting to get into a little routine now that school has started and he fits into our little lives so well.

There are definitely times when it gets a bit hairy-scary with three kids (especially when they all need something at the same time) but overall I think we are adjusting well. I still think the hardest adjustment for me was from no kids to having Abby since it was such a complete change in lifestyle and habits. I actually think three children has been the easiest transition so far.

I keep telling people that if I could guarantee another pregnancy, delivery and baby just like Nolan, I would have a lot more of them. Too bad I can't get that in writing though!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad the transition is going well for you. I've been a little worried about it myself...all my sisters said going to three kids was the hardest for them. But I think it sure makes a difference when you have a good baby. He is a cutie!