Sunday, November 6, 2011

Oc-"SNOW"-ber

It's beginning to look a lot like....Halloween!!!


On the Saturday before Halloween, much of the East Coast was pelted with a very early fluke snowstorm. In the five winters that we have lived here, we have never seen snow before December so this was certainly strange to have snow before Halloween. The day before I mowed the lawn and we all enjoyed a typical fall day, then we had snow fall ALL DAY LONG on Saturday. When all was said and done, we ended up getting about 3 inches of snow!

Just enough to make a snow man!!



I am not a huge fan of winter so I admit I wasn't thrilled about having snow this early, but it was fun to see the kids enjoying it so much!! At least it all melted by the next day and we are back to enjoying some normal fall weather again.

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

I was just thinking today, man it is nice living in TX because it is Nov and we are still in the 80s. It did get into the 30's and 40s for a few days last week but I am glad it is nice again. Thankful we didn't have snow but yes, I am sure the kids would have liked it.