Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I don't LOVE winter...I actually don't really like it much at all. Sure I like snow when it first hits (the winter wonderland effect) and it's fun around Christmastime, but then I'm ready for it to be over. Usually winter tends to overstay its welcome though and by February I am really yearning for warmer days. I like to say that I endure winter to be able to enjoy spring, summer and fall! However this winter was so mild that spring kind of snuck up on us. We never really got too cold and had about 3 inches of snow total in just 3 different snow days, none of which cancelled or even delayed school (seriously, that is a BIG deal around these parts!!)
Then all of a sudden it got really warm, the trees blossomed way earlier than normal and lo and behold winter was over and SPRING had arrived!!
The kids are loving the weather and we are all enjoying many afternoon and evenings spent outside the home. Nolan has even enjoyed his new adventures into the outside world and I love that all three of them can play together on the swingset now.
I'm a little worried that the really mild winter will make for a very HOT summer, but right now, we are sure loving SPRING!!

No comments: