Monday, September 10, 2012

Soccer Superstar

Wednesday, September 5th marked a big day in the life of our little Landon...it was the first day that he was finally of age to play soccer!! (Soccer begins at age 4 around here so this fall season is his first opporunity to play.) This boy has been all about sports and balls since practically the day he was born so he has been really excited to officially start his athletic career. (Jason and I are also betting on his athletic ability paying for our retirement so we encourage him to play whenever we can!!...just kidding, kind of!)
 
Here he is with his official Locomotive gear and ball...
 


After a few serene poses at the front door, I told him to show me an action shot and this is what I got...

See, I told you this kids got some mad skills!!
 
 
One of his "assistant" coaches is actually the Athletic Director and head soccer coach at South High School. Yeah, this league is pretty good and Landon loved his first day of soccer. It made me sad to think how grown up he looked out there on those soccer fields, but it made me happy to see him doing something that he loves so much!! Goooooo Landon!!

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

Matthew has been wanting to play soccer since he was 15 months old and Chris brought a soccer ball back from Germany with him. I have always had to work and so he never got to but just last Thursday and went and signed him up for soccer. He is very excited to play. He said "mom, can we practice soccer before my first game?" Poor boy didn't know that he gets practice as well as games. He is pretty stoked. Way to go, Little guy!!! He is so adorable with those soccer clothes on. I bet that coach will recruit him soon once he sees those mad skills.