Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Dream Come True!!

After failed attempts at piano lessons, dance lessons and swimming lessons, I was about ready to give up on finding something Abby wouild enjoy doing. We did have her in a small gymnastics class when she was 3, and while she loved it, Jason and I were both a bit worried about how competitive, time consuming and costly it seemed to become in just a short amount of time. We eventually decided to pull her out before she could get too far with it.
 
Abby adored watching the Olympic gymnasts this summer and after begging over and over again to try gymnastics again, we finally decided to make her dreams come true. I was able to find another studio in town that seemed to be a bit more laid back as well as being less expensive so we decided to give gymnastics another go. She's only had one lesson thus far, but she was SOOOOOOO excited about it and loved flipping over the uneven bars ("Just like the Olympics," she exclaimed.)
 
I have to amit that this girl has a lot of natural talent so I hope it is something that she will enjoy doing. I just hope we can make it so that it doesn't consume her life, or ours.
 
 
 
 

No comments: