Friday, October 26, 2012

Hair No More

So you may have noticed in the last post, but we finally took the plunge and cut Abby's hair. I have been wanting her to cut if for a LONG time (the daily battles over brushing it and trying to untangle it were taking their toll on me.) Abby was insistent on growing it out like Rapunzel (darn you "Tangled") and really couldn't figure out why her hair would get so tangly everyday when Rapunzel's yards of hair always stayed so neat (blame it on that Disney magic!)
 
After much convincing, we finally took the plunge. I actually cut it myself and LOVE how it turned out. She looks so sassy and cute (although admittedly much older too!) She was thrilled with how it turned out as well and was super excited to show it off to all her friends at school. And we both love how much easier it is to brush out each day. I do declare a win for us all!
 
 
Oh, and this last facial expression is one she gives her Daddy an awful lot these days. He loves to pull her chain and his jokes often get this little look in return.I was happy to catch it on film!

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

So super cute! And yes, agreed that it is soooo much easier to comb when shorter. A lot less screams and tears. And I so love when I get one of my kid's facial expressions on film--the ones that only you get to usually see.

Amy said...

We recently went through the exact same thing with my daughter. I'm impressed you cut it yourself. I do my boys hair but I don't dare do Katelyn's. Abby's hair looks darling! Nice job!