Thursday, June 2, 2016

Field Trip to the Zoo!

I had the opportunity to chaperone Landon's field trip to the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. in late May. It ended up being only me and Landon all day because my other students didn't show up to school that day so it was a fun way to get some one-on-one time with my favorite 7-year-old. The bus ride there and back took a LONG time, but we made the most of it...

The weather was rainy and cold the entire time, but our ponchos kept us mostly dry. Here we are visiting the pandas who were inside due to all the wet weather...



Landon said he liked seeing the Cheetah the very most!


The elephants were trying to stay dry too!!

The monkeys just hanging around!

This orangutan made me laugh. She got down from her tree, grabbed this blanket and then tried to eat in private!

His animal project at school was all about snakes so he definitely wanted a picture with one of these critters!

These turtles were HUGE!

Last stop of the day was to the lion house...


I sure do love my Landon boy and I was glad we got to spend this special day together!

1 comment:

envoy said...

Wow,your trip was surely awesome.