Thursday, September 27, 2007

Meltdowns


Abby looked so pretty on Sunday in her new purple dress, but I forgot to take a picture of her before we went to church. After we came home from church (which ended up being close to five hours with choir, interviews and calling responsibilites), I went outside to try to capture a few shots of her, but then I had the brilliant idea of bringing her inside on the staircase so that you could see more of her dress. That, my friends was a big mistake!! Abby proceeded to have a little meltdown on the stairs and just looked so pathetic with her little chin pressed against her chest in what can only be considered extreme distress. Sundays are a bit rough on her. Church doesn't start until 1:00 p.m. which means she almost never gets a nap. She holds out pretty well though for the most part, and is really starting to enjoy nursery (at least they rarely come to get us so I guess that's a good sign.) But I guess there's only so much a little girl can take and pictures on the stairs pushed her just a little too far on that day!!


6 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Oh, how sad, it made me stick my lip out and feel sorry for her. How do you handle such a sad little face. Man, 1pm church would be EXTREMELY hard. At least here in Bryan, the schedule never changes from 9am. It used to be bad when Matthew took two naps during the day and no nursery but we like it now. It is a very cute dress despite the pouty face.

Marissa Marie said...

So cute! Now on to the running post. Ha, chafing is a killer. I have to be careful what I wear. Never had the intestinal problems, but I sure know what rubbery legs feel like. You're awesome for trudging onward! I'm a quitter myself, don't enjoy a whole lot of pain.

Steph Thomas said...

Wow you sure did a face lift to your blog. Looks good.

Heidi said...

If you're going to have a meltdown that's a pretty darn cute way to do it. Much better than a full on tantrum. That's a way cute dress. I love that first picture of her.

Rachel B. said...

Your blog looks awesome! I love it! It's so fun to be able to switch em up huh? Abby is so funny! She's soooo cute and also has such a fun little personality. It will be fun to see all the little people together here soon. Maybe Reese will be able to pin Abby this time. ;)

Marisa said...

I love that picture! Sundays are the absolute worst for kids--and for us parents, for that matter. It's just so hard throwing off their schedules so much. Abby looks absolutely adorable during a meltdown!