Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Labor Day

So I have been somewhat of a slacker with the whole blogging thing and I hope to start doing it regularly again. I was recently called as Relief Society secretary in our new ward and it has surprisingly kept me pretty busy. Our ward here is fantastic and I love getting to know all the sisters at the many activities that they have, especially the ladies' night out!

I thought I would post some pictures from our Labor Day outing. We went to Greenbrier State Park, about 20 minutes from where we live. It's not much of a lake, but its absolutely gorgeous with being so green and surrounded by "mountains." They call them "mountains" here, and compared to "flat as a pancake" Houston they would be considered somewhat mountainous, but I am a Colorado girl and no hill that rises less than 2000 feet could be truly considered a mountain in my book. Abby had a great time playing in the sand and swimming in the lake. We also brought a picnic lunch to enjoy the end of summer.


Just kickin' back and layin' in the sun!

Finding lost treasures...


Ohhhh, this sand feels so good!!

We finally found a way to control our fiesty lil' 18-month old!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Dadra,

Abby is so cute! I'm glad to hear about all these great places on the East Coast. Dan has been talking about all these possible companies he could work for there and I find myself thinking, "No way--I'm a West Coast girl through and though." So it's good to hear some nice things about the east coast.

Marissa Marie said...

Cute pics. :)

Rachel B. said...

What a great idea to bury half her body. We'll have to try that with Reese a little later. :) It looks so pretty there. I would say that I wish we had things like that here...but wait we kind of do, but we just don't ever go do them. Good job for going out and enjoying your surroundings.