Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jason's Day!!

In honor of Jason's big birthday (and when I say big, I mean the BIG 3-0,) I have decided to dedicate this post to him and record for all to see 30 things that I love about him. So here goes...

1-He is a wonderful husband and a great father.

2-He knows when I have had a bad day and willingly takes over playing with Abby and making dinner in order to give me a much needed break.

3-He has fabulous taste in women (I had to throw that one in there!)

4-He's a hard worder and knows how to get things done.

5-He provides an excellent living for our family.

6-He's really just a big kid sometimes, getting excited about things like LEGOs, the Hardy Boys, and bubblegum.

7-He makes friends wherever he goes and is super friendly to all he meets (unless you happen to be going under the speed limit when he is driving behind you!)

8-He is a huge assett to his employers. (Warning: Husband Brag Moment...In only 9 months with Citi Group, he has earned the highest ranking that any employee can earn by his manager, he received a raise and a nice bonus, and just last night was honored at a nice dinner for being one of the top employees at the Hagerstown site. I am so proud of him!!)

9-He supports me in all of my crazy ideas (like getting a dog, running a marathon and cloth diapering.)

10-He will be a wonderful role model for our new son.

11-He loves the gospel and studies it everyday.

12-He gives 110% to every calling and I know he will do an excellent job as the new Elders Quorum President in our ward.

13-He makes me laugh everyday.

14-He is very intelligent and I love talking and sharing ideas with him.

15-He gives the best hugs and kisses.

16-He comes from a great family and parents who have raised him to be an excellent man.

17-He is a great cook and somehow can create a delicious meal despite my claims that there is nothing left to eat in the house!

18-He is a great handyman and we both look forward to owning a home again and making it our own.

19-He is a very hands-on kind of dad, playing with Abby, reading her books, giving her horsey rides and of course, changing lots of diapers!

20-He is a wonderful example of honoring his priesthood.

21-He is a fabulous musician and I love when he sings or plays just for me.

22-He respects me and always values my opinions.

23-He values education and loves learning new things.

24-He's a sports FAN-atic, especially when it comes to anything related to BYU athletics.

25-He gets excited over the simple things in life.

26-He stays up to talk to me even though I know he's dead tired and would probably rather be sleeping!

27-He thinks I'm beautiful, even when I'm 9 months pregnant!

28-He is very good looking and I fall more in love with him each day.

29-Despite being a guy, he lets me handle the remote control in our home!

30-He is my best friend and I am so lucky to be able to spend eternity with him.

For these reasons, and a million others, I consider myself very blessed to be Jason's wife. I love you and hope you have a wonderful 30th birthday!!!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Jason! And Dadra, I would say Jason thinks your beautiful ESPECIALLY when you are nine months pregnant. I know he is a great dad who is anxiously awaiting his sons arrival.

Alona said...

Yahoo for Jason! Happy birthday!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you're my brother!

Rachel B. said...

Happy Birthday Jason! What a great list Dadra! It was so so sweet. I wasn't really around when you two were dating, but I always thought you were super cute together. Happy Birthday again old man!

Heidi said...

So I guess you just squeaked by having the baby born on Jason's birthday. Phew.

Anonymous said...

I am a little slow in reading this but that was great Dadra! You both are so good to each other. Thanks to both of you for being the kind of person that can bring out the best in your spouse.

Marisa said...

What a cute, sweet, thoughtful post! It sounds like you have a man perfectly matched to such an amazing woman! happy birthday, Jason!

Anonymous said...

He lets you control the remote because we never got to control it growing up...so really we just don't know how to :) How's number two?
Shalene