Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Not-So-Crazy Lives

Time is really flying by. I can't believe that it is approaching the end of May already (which also means baby time isn't that far off.) There are days when I feel more than ready to have this baby, but other days I realize how different life will be when he comes and I can hold off a bit longer. The midwife on Friday (a different one from the week before) said she didn't think the baby was that big yet...she estimated around 7-7.5 lbs, so who really knows. I guess we'll find out soon. I was actually kind of hoping the baby would come today (May 20th.) Our anniversary is March 20th, Abby's birthday is February 20th so I just thought it would be neat if we had another baby on the 20th of the month. Jason told me we could always hold out hope for June 20th (ummmmm, not so much!!!)

We were able to take Abby to the circus that came into town a few weeks ago and she absolutely loved it. It was kind of lame by circus standards, but Abby still talks about it nearly everyday. One really great thing about being a parent is being justified in doing all of these kid things again (circus, swinging on the swings at the playground, amusement parks, playing with dolls, etc.) It's really fun to revisit childhood again and see everything through Abby's innocent and very excitable eyes!



3 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

I love that about kids! Everything is exciting, and it's contagious.

Steph Thomas said...

That sounds like a fun thing to take her to the circus. If you had a really cool circus then her expectations would be higher for the next one so that is good it wasn't all that great but in Abby's eyes it was so awesome I am sure.

Amy said...

I love the last picture of Abby. She looks totally enthralled! What a cutie!