Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Well, here I am in all my 9 months of pregnancy glory!! This pregnancy has actually been a really good one and I can't believe I am almost done. I do seem to get a bit more winded these days and I get overheated pretty easily (thank goodness I won't be pregnant during the middle of the summer), but overall I still feel pretty good. I am still working out at the gym too. I think they are starting to get worried that I will go into labor on the treadmill!! But it feels good to still be exercising.
I had another midwife appointment today and everything looks great. I really enjoy all of the midwives at the practice. They are a whole lot more talkative and informative than my OB/GYN was with Abby. She did mention that they don't want me going much past 40 weeks with this pregnancy. This baby is looking to be about as big as Abby (9 lbs, 4 oz) so they don't want the baby to be too huge. She said if I wanted to , I could be induced any time after 39 weeks. I really don't want to be induced, but I don't want to have an enormous baby either. Hopefully my body will go on its own sooner rather than later. Maybe we need to schedule the induction though, just to get the baby out. Abby decided to come on her own just hours before I was scheduled to be induced with her. I guess she had received her eviction notice and realized there was no point in staying any longer!!



Also, I realized that I never posted Abby's 2-year photos. She was such a ham that day and we got some pretty goofy expressions. She is growing up so fast. I sometimes wish she had a pause button so I could keep her at this stage just a little longer. We are really good buddies and I know she will make a terrific big sister.

6 comments:

Rachel B. said...

I've never seen a cuter smile. She's so dang funny! And Dadra you look awesome! I bet you're so excited to get to the end. I agree about induction. I was induced with Reese and would love to have seen if it would have gone smoother and faster without. You never know. Ginger was induced with all four and all four were completely different experiences. I also love your new family photo on the side.

Heidi said...

I'm glad to see you finally look a little bit pregnant there. You're lucky that you've already had a successful first delivery. I found out (after the fact) that your chances of a c-section go up 35% when you're induced on the first baby. But since you're on the second baby I'm sure the stats are much different. I love those pics of Abby. What a funny, cute, make-you-smile kind of grin.

Stephanie said...

With Aubrey my water broke without any contractions or signs of labor so I had to get induced (I was scheduled to be induced the next day though) and with Katie I was not induced and the natural delivery was faster (despite pushing for 3 hours) and the contractions were less painful. However, every labor is different. And, it is good you are still going to the gym. I played basketball up to the day with Aubrey (we had our Regional Championship game the day before and won) and ran with Katie and I believe it makes the labor and recovery go so much better.Okay, this is a long comment, but you are close to the end. I am excited to see your little boy.

Alona said...

Exciting stuff! Keep us posted on all the baby news. Cute pictures of you! Abby's pictures cracked me up. I think "ham" is a great word for these! What a funny (and cute) little girl! :)

losing my needles said...

I was "induced" with both kids (with Graham I was sitting in my room at the hospital waiting to be induced while I started to have contractions.) It went so smoothly with both, I would totally do it again for my next.
But you look great, and it sounds like you still feel great, so that's wonderful. Those are some cute pictures. Maybe one day we can finally get together and I can meet her (and the new one) in person.

Anonymous said...

WOW, Dadra you look so great. I am amazed at how you do it. We are soooo excited to have another baby in the family and pray that all will go well. I also hope that you can go on your own but also hope the baby doesn't get too big. I know you and Jason will make the right decision.