Sunday, May 31, 2009

Halfway There!!



Five months into the year, and I am halfway to my goal of running 1000 miles. I start marathon training in a couple of weeks, so that should really pile on the miles here shortly. In some ways, I can't believe I'm even thinking of doing another marathon. I remember very clearly thinking around mile 20 of the last one that I will NEVER, EVER, EVER do this again...but here I am, preparing for the Baltimore Marathon less than two years after the last one. I think in some ways, running marathons is like childbirth. When you're in the moment, you swear you will NEVER do it again, but as time passes and the memories fade, you find yourself thinking "Ahhhh now, that wasn't so bad!" And the rewards are surely worth every ounce of pain and sweat involved. (Not trying to compare babies to running too much, but you get the idea!) So here we go, 500 miles down...a whole lot more to go!!

7 comments:

Kerri said...

you are amazing! good job!

Matt & Andrea said...

Impressive. I started counting miles in March, but I've only barely hit 200! I'm getting ready for St. George in October, so we'll have to compare notes. And I'm interested in seeing your training schedule!

Congrats on 500 miles!!!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! I'm excited to see how you do while not pregnant!

losing my needles said...

Maybe I'll see you sometime on the course. Good job on the 500 miles. I think it would take me years and years to run that far.

Rachel B. said...

Okay, since nobody else will say it, I will...you're crazy! Just kidding. You're amazing. I wish I was passionate about running, well passionate about anything really. :) You are such a dedicated person and really do a great job at anything you try. Keep it up!

losing my needles said...

OK, so I did the math, and with the training plan that I have worked up, I'll run about 600 miles before the half marathon in October. Holy that's a lot of miles.

Melissa said...

Way to go with the running! And I would agree that marathons and childbirth have a lot of similarities...I have made comparisons all the time. :) Good luck with you're training!