Monday, May 11, 2009

Mom's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. I woke up to a wonderful breakfast made by my wonderful husband and three gifts and cards from the "loves of my life"...

I got a "Nathan" water bottle from Mr. Landon...
Some running socks from Miss Abigail...
And some flowers and running shoes from Jason!!!
I had been hinting at the running shoes for a while, but the flowers, water bottle and socks were a nice surprise. I also got dinner made for me that night and lots of hugs and kisses throughout the day. It was a wonderful day and I feel very blessed to be a mother.

I also got another gift yesterday...a new calling! I was sustained and set apart as the new Primary President in our ward. This calling was a bit surprising to me since Jason is the Elders Quorum president (and our ward is HUGE...plenty of people to spread the callings around.) I thought I had a "free-ride" for a while, but I guess I was mistaken. We have already had several people volunteer to watch the kids for us when we both have to go to the same meetings which is really nice. I love the ward we're in right now, the primary is a good size with great kids, I have WONDERFUL counselors and a superb support staff already in place. I know this calling will be a bit overwhelming and challenging at times, but I'm excited for all the things that I will be learning. Wish us luck!!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Mother's Day Dadra! Nice shoes, and the bottle and socks look good too. I've been thinking of getting a new bottle, I'll have to look into that brand.

You are going to be a great Primary President. It really is such a fun calling and I know that you aren't going to get many "breaks" when it comes to callings!

Rachel B. said...

Holy moly woman! I can't believe they have you both in such busy callings. That's great that you already have so many people willing to help with the kids. Weren't you just barely Relief Society President in your last ward? Sounds like you are made for leadership roles. You will be great!

And wow, your kids are so in tune with your wants. They just really know their mother. :) Glad you had a great Mother's day.

Becky said...

What a happy mothers day! And I'm sure you'll do a fabulous job with your new calling. I had that calling for a few years and can attest that it's a lot of work and preoccupation of your every thought, but the blessings for your service will definitely come. Good luck!

Amy said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! And WOW, two huge callings in your family is a lot but that just means more blessings, right? I know you'll be great at it!

Steph Thomas said...

Wow, that is crazy. You aren't old enough to be a Primary President:) Good Luck to you:)

Matt & Andrea said...

Congrats on the running gear and especially the new calling. That's exciting! I'm sure you'll be fabulous.

p.s. We'll definitely have to be online training buddies. I need someone to kick my trash every once in a while!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you will be really busy but I know that you will do a great job. You have sooooo much talent that all the children are getting a real treat with you as President. Glad to hear that your mother's day was great. We love the pictures that you post. Thanks for keeping us up dated.

Heidi said...

Your husband is awesome. Good job Jason. So when is your next marathon?